Knowing how to communicate in an effective manner is essential for a field marked by a great volume of information circulating the world on a daily basis. The field of healthcare is no different, with many news, articles and videos related to the sector being published every day.
For this large volume of information to effectively reach the target audience (clients/patients), creating differentiated, attractive, truthful and scientifically accurate content is essential.
In this sense, the Communication and Digital Marketing in Healthcare program presents a series of content aimed at developing communication skills for healthcare professionals, as well as providing important knowledge for those communication professionals who wish to work in the field of healthcare.
To achieve this, the course presents the main channels and communication tools on the Internet and offers guidance for recognizing and working with reliable scientific information sources. It also presents the most used techniques in online marketing and at all stages of design and project management in healthcare communication.
Lastly, students will be able to develop a comprehensive communication and digital marketing plan in healthcare, either to be implemented in consultations or platforms in online healthcare, promoting a healthcare center, launching an awareness-raising campaign or promoting healthcare topics, creating a professional’s digital reputation, among others.
Who is the programme for?
The Communication and Digital Marketing in Healthcare program is aimed at:
- Healthcare professionals with an interest in acquiring skills in digital communication, which is in current demand by society.
- Professionals in journalism, communication sciences, marketing or other similar fields who wish to target their professional career in companies related to the field of healthcare.
Successfully completing the Program will be awarded with the diploma in Specialization in COMMUNICATION AND DIGITAL MARKETING IN HEALTHCARE.
Once the Program has been successfully completed, the diploma will be issued by the University in which the student enrolled.
The Communication and Digital Marketing in Healthcare program has a duration of 9 months.
Regarding time distribution:
- Since it is an online program, it does not have a specific starting date, by which the student may enroll at any time provided there is available space.
- The maximum time for completing the program is 9 months. During this period of time, the student must have completed all of the evaluations corresponding to the subjects.
The credit structure for the Communication and Digital Marketing in Healthcare is as follows:
|1st Part: Subjects||25||6||250|
|2nd Part: Communication Project||5||3||50|
a. The equivalence in credits may vary according to the University that issues the Diploma. One (1) ECTS credit (European Credit Transfer System) corresponds to 10 + 15 hours. If students attending the program are enrolled in a university not belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), the relationship between credits and hours may vary.
b. Length in months
- Capable of developing a communication and digital marketing plan to disseminate and promote different proceedings related to healthcare.
- Detecting the communication needs for a healthcare project and defining the strategies needed for achieving them.
- Recognizing the advantages and disadvantages of the main channels of communication on the Internet.
- Knowing how to design an attractive communication style that is adapted to the client’s or the patient's profile.
- Using the tools and techniques necessary to communicate in an effective, responsible and scientifically rigorous manner.
Some of the careers* available for the Communication and Digital Marketing in Healthcare program are:
- Healthcare professional with digital reputation.
- Online healthcare consultant.
- Editor or official responsible for the communication of healthcare centers and organizations/companies related to healthcare.
- Planning consultant for communication and marketing in healthcare.
* Note: Professional practice is subject to each country’s legislation.
Depending on the student’s professional background, the subjects of the Communication and Digital Marketing in Healthcare program seek to provide two different approaches: for healthcare professionals to develop skills in communication and digital marketing, and for communication, journalism or marketing professionals to integrate essential knowledge in healthcare into their job performance.
The Communication and Digital Marketing in Healthcare program has a total duration of 30 ECTS credits (9 months), divided into the following modules:
- 1st PART: SUBJECTS (25 CREDITS)
The first part of the program delves into the main thematic areas related to the search for scientific information, Internet channels and communication tools, the techniques used in online marketing, and the design stages and project management of communication in healthcare.
The corresponding subjects and credits of the program are shown in the following table:
|1st PART: SUBJECTS|
|1||Search for Scientific Information in Health Sciences||50|
|2||Communication Channels in the Internet and New Formats||50|
|3||Tools and Techniques for Effective Communication on the Internet||50|
|4||Online Marketing for Healthcare Services||50|
|5||Project Management and Design in Healthcare Communication||50|
- 2nd PART: COMMUNICATION PROJECT (5 CREDITS)
In the final part of the program, the student will develop their own communication project and place it into practice thanks to the knowledge acquired from the studied subjects.
|2nd PART: COMMUNICATION PROJECT|
Note: The contents of the academic program may be subject to slight modifications, depending on the updates or the improvements made.
Description of the Subjects
- Dr. Guillermo Rodríguez Navarrete. Doctor in Human Nutrition from the University of Granada (Spain) and Postgraduate School of Medicine from the University of Harvard (United States). Nutritional online educator under the brand Nutrillermo.
General Academic Coordination
- Dra (c). Mariana Dornelles. Coordinator for the Communication Area - FUNIBER.
- Dra. Irma Domínguez. Coordinator for the Health Area - FUNIBER.
Teaching staff and Authors
- Dr. Mercedes Briones. International Doctorates in Child Nutrition, University of Granada. Professor at the International Iberoamerican University.
- Dr. Priscilla Almeida de Souza. Doctor in Biomedicine, University of Zaragoza. Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics and Specialist in Sports Nutrition from the University Center of Belo Horizonte. Professor at the International Iberoamerican University.
- Dr. Alejandro Tapia. Doctorate in Marketing and Degree in Advertising from the Complutens University in Madrid.
- Dr. Ana Laura Moro. Doctor of Medicine (Epidemiology, Public Health and International Health) from the University of Barcelona.
- Dr. Alejandro Carmelo Fernández Muerza. Doctor in Scientific Journalism from the University of the Basque Country. Journalist and communicator of science and environment.
- Dr. Francesc Ponsa i Herrera. Doctorate in Social Communication from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Master's Degree in Intelligence Analysis from Autonomous University of Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Carlos III University of Madrid, and Juan Carlos I University of Madrid. Degree in Communication and Audiovisual from Universitat Ramon Llull.
- Dr (c). Mariana Dornelles. Doctoral student in Communication at the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Official Master in Cultural Management by the University of Barcelona. Degree in Social Communication - Journalism from the Universidade de Brasília.
- Mtr. Regla María Gómez Tejada. Master's Degree in Corporate Communication from the Seneca Institute and the Catholic University of Avila. Degree in Journalism from the University of Seville.
- Mtr. Héctor Magro Palacios. Master in Communication and Advertising Management from ESIC Business and Marketing School, Expert in Digital Journalism from the University of Oviedo and Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Media and Communication from the University of Wolverhampton.
- Mtr. Diego Guzmán Nagel. Master in Business Administration by the Polytechnic University of Catalunya, specialist in Leisure, Tourism and Free Time Management by the Business Administration School (EAE) of Barcelona and graduated in Marketing by the Private Bolivian University of Cochabamba.
- Mtr. Enrique Villanueva. Master's Degree in Business Administration, Bachelor's Degree in Communication Sciences and Certificate in Tourism from the Technological Institute and the Higher Studies of Monterrey.
- Mtr. Hadit Pamela Brito Abreu. Master's Degree in Business Administration from the Iberoamerican University Foundation. Degree in Advertising from the Pro Education and Culture University, Dominican Republic.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) allocates periodically an extraordinary economic item for FUNIBER Training Scholarships.
To apply, please fill out the information request form that appears in the web of FUNIBER or contact directly the Foundation’s headquarters in your country that will inform you if you need to provide some additional information.
Once the documentation is received, the Evaluation Committee will determine your application's eligibility for the FUNIBER Training Scholarship.